[PAGID] Puzzling case of hypergammaglobulinemia with absence of antibody responses

Berger, Melvin Melvin.Berger at UHhospitals.org
Mon Dec 29 10:01:27 EST 2008

Has her T-cell receptor spectratype been analyzed ? Maybe that, too, is oligoclonal. If so, it would make the oligoclonality of the antibodies less mysterious and less troubling.

Melvin Berger, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Pediatrics and Pathology
Case Western Reserve University
phone 216 844 3237

Director, Jeffrey Modell Center for Primary Immune Deficiencies
Division of Allergy-Immunology
Rainbow, Babies and Children's Hospital
University Hospitals of Cleveland
RB&C Rm 504, MS 6008B
11100 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44106

________________________________

From: pagid-bounces at list.clinimmsoc.org on behalf of Howard M Lederman
Sent: Wed 12/24/2008 2:20 PM
To: pagid at list.clinimmsoc.org
Subject: Re: [PAGID] Puzzling case of hypergammaglobulinemia with absence of antibody responses

Mel,

I don't know, but the most recent mitogen assays were normal so I don't imagine that IL-2 would do much

Howard M. Lederman, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Pediatrics, Medicine and Pathology
Division of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology
Johns Hopkins Hospital - CMSC 1102
600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287-3923
Phone: 410-955-5883
Fax: 410-955-0229
Email: Hlederm1 at jhem.jhmi.edu

WARNING: E-mail sent over the Internet is not secure.
Information sent by e-mail may not remain confidential.

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is intended only for the
individual to whom it is addressed. It may be used only in accordance with applicable laws. If you received this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender and destroy the e-mail.