[PAGID] lymphopenia

Sorensen, Ricardo RSoren at lsuhsc.edu
Tue Jan 6 11:49:34 EST 2009

Richard,

I would measure CD4+ cells in his parents and siblings. One or more may
have the same lymphopenia without any symptoms. I would consider that
reassuring. In any case, I have followed patients with CD4+ counts much
lower than your patient. They came to medical attention either through
routine test results or because they developed transient, unusual
infections during special situations, e.g. pregnancy or extreme stress.

Best,

Ricardo Sorensen