[PAGID] Use of Rituximab in opsoclonus-myoclonus syndrome

Nicholas Rider nrider at clinicforspecialchildren.org
Mon Feb 2 07:28:15 EST 2009

Dear Eleonora,

We currently care for a 2 year old with OMS. She presented 6 months
ago with disabling eye movements causing regression of her motor
development and she could no longer walk. We treated her with a
combination of ACTH, Rituximab and IVIG/SqIG. She is now walking
again and has few signs of OMS. Upon making the diagnosis, we
contacted Dr. Michael Pranzatelli (pranzatelli at siumed.edu;
215-545-7635) of Southern Illinois University School of Medicine; he
follows a large cohort of patients with this disorder and has created
a treatment protocol for OMS.

I hope this is helpful to you and your patient.

Best Wishes,

Nick

Nicholas L. Rider, D.O.
Clinic for Special Children