[PAGID] Maximum rate for IVIG

Chris Seroogy cmseroogy at pediatrics.wisc.edu
Wed May 6 17:23:03 EDT 2009

Dear Colleagues,

A question was recently posed to me by our pharmacy staff regarding maximum
infusion rate for IVIG. They noted some practioners maxed at 110 cc/hr of
10% solution and felt faster infusion rates may lead to renal toxicity
regardless of the product formulation. This is not something that I
typically monitor and was wondering if anyone has sound data on the safety
for maximum infusion rates of IVIG? Thank you for any insights, Chris

--
Christine M. Seroogy MD, FAAP, FAAAAI
Assistant Professor