[PAGID] progressive loss of hearing in 6 year old boy

dmvascon at usp.br dmvascon at usp.br
Thu Sep 10 11:25:12 EDT 2009

Dear Prof. Walther

Autoinflammatory syndromes are frequently associated to neurological
manifestations.
I remember of NALP3 (cryopyrin) associated diseases, which are
frequently associated to sensorineural deafness, at least in its more
severe forms (NOMID/CINCA - not the case in this particular patient)
and Muckle-Wells syndrome (that commonly present deafness, periodic
fever, skin manifestations and sometimes arthritis). Familiar cold
urticaria is seldom associated with neurological manifestations.

Kind regards,

Dewton