[PAGID] progressive loss of hearing in 6 year old boy

C. Lucy Park tiger at uic.edu
Sat Sep 12 15:22:01 EDT 2009

------------------------------
*From:* Yoo, Tai June
*Sent:* Fri 11/09/2009 18:13

Dear Prof.Walter

Your patient seems to have an autoimmune hearing loss. Usual immunologic
test does not reveal much. You have to do ear disease specific tests.
Thereare some.

In Munchen Prof Wolfgang Arnold, used to be a HEad of ENT Dept. of one of
the med schoolHe is an expert in this area. pleaase consult with him. Also
for blood test, please call Prof Jean Paul Tomasi, Chritian uni of Leuvin in
Brussel.head of Autoimminity lab. He can measure anti Po, anto cochlin
antibody level, also antotype II collAGEN ANTIBODY level also.

You could treat with steroid, antiTNF alpha, now I have treated one patient
with autologous stem cells,she is responding well...study in progress.

Jean Paul Tomasi...tel #32-2-721-0327.

Good luck. I will be happy to help you out.

Sincerely,

T.J.Yoo,M.D.,Ph.D.
Professor,
Medicine(rheumatology/allergy/immunology).
Molecular sciences, Otolaryngology
Univ. of Tennessee,memphis,Tn. 38163

--
C. Lucy Park, MD
Head, Division of Allergy-Immunology-Pulmonology