[PAGID] 6 year old girl with diminished acute phase response

Sabiha Anis sabiha_anis at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 9 03:59:58 EST 2009

Dear Colleagues

We have a 6 year old girl with recurrent urolithiasis but normal renal functions and short stature for her age. Recently she developed pancytopenia and revealed hypoplastic bone marrow. she has had multiple episodes of UTIs and recently had Malaria but never showed a spike in temeperature above 990F. During her acute illness, her CRP was 0.18 (cutt off = 0.7). her retic count is 3 %. there is no history of any medication associated with hypoplastic bone marrow. Therefore infections causing bone marow suppression is more likely. We do not perform cytokine levels routinely. I require your guidance as how to further investigate this child for a PID and how she can be helped.

Regards

Sabiha Anis

Clinical Immunologist

Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation (SIUT)

Karachi, Pakistan