[PAGID] 6 year old girl with diminished acute phase response

Kathleen Sullivan sullivak at mail.med.upenn.edu
Wed Dec 9 05:47:29 EST 2009

If she was IUGR or has any dysmorphic features at all, I would consider Fanconi anemia or the dyskeratosus congenita disorders. I would wonder about the urolithiasis and whether her short stature was due to some renal wasting and the bone marrow suppression is (as you suspect) infection. In other words, her story does not sound strongly like immune deficiency although it makes sense to consider it.