[PAGID] Herpes virus CMI testing

Abraham, Roshini S., Ph.D. Abraham.Roshini at mayo.edu
Fri Apr 16 12:44:38 EDT 2010

The Cylex assay is not CMV-specific....they isolate CD4 T cells from
PBMCs using magnetic beads and they use PHA for stimulation and 24h
later they read ATP production in a luminometer. It is actually a
rather non-specific assay for several reasons despite the marketing for
immune monitoring of transplant patients.

Roshini Abraham

Mayo Clinic

Rochester