[PAGID] patient question

Brooks, Edward G brookse at uthscsa.edu
Mon Jul 19 11:24:57 EDT 2010

Susan,

We reported a similar case some time ago. No genetic diagnosis, but some of the clinical characteristics and presentation with an EB-like syndrome are similar. The patient presented with profound T-cell deficiency in infancy, and although BMT was contemplated, she ultimately acquired adequate T-cell immunity and, I am told, is now doing well with no overt immune deficiency. You might consider contacting Jordan Orange at CHOP regarding NK cell studies.

Ed Brooks

Edward G. Brooks, MD
UTHSCSA, Dept. of Pediatrics
Division of Immunology and Infectious Disease, Rm. 528L
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900
brookse at uthscsa.edu
tel: 210-567-5250