[PAGID] 70 year old nurse with low serum immunoglobulins, arthralgia, diminished specific antibody titer 1 year post immunization and decreased switched memory B cells

Charlotte cunningham-rundles charlotte.cunningham-rundles at mssm.edu
Sat Jul 31 18:36:46 EDT 2010

Hi Michael,

I am thinking that the clinical concerns seem more weighty than the lab
data. -- the pneumococcal response is not particularly unusual according to
my reading, and it stayed put over time. I am myself wondering if the
second tetanus test was accurate -- pretty hard to loose this antibody in 10
months.

PS, my opinion, I don't think the B cell panel adds anything much to an
antibody workup, except for real CVID and she does not seem to be in that
category. I also think a lab offering ICOS or BAFFr for money is pretty
indefensible (for research maybe, not otherwise.)

I assume with Andy that there is something else brewing.

Charlotte

michael clayton