[PAGID] XLA pt with acute myelogenous leukemia

Berger, Melvin Melvin.Berger at UHhospitals.org
Wed Aug 18 12:27:45 EDT 2010

Colleagues- I have heard thru a grapevine that a former patient of mine, now 10 years old, diagnosed with XLA at 5 years of age has recently presented with a several month history of progressive pancytopenia. He is clinically pretty well with no bleeding or apparent splenomegaly, but bone marrow was full of blasts dramatically posuitive for Auer rords. Family is looking back to see if his original BTK mutation was defined (I no longer have access to his chart). No apparent exceptional family history of cancer, hematologic problems or other cases of XLA.

Does this ring any bells ?

Thanks.

Melvin Berger, M.D., Ph.D.
Adjunct Professor of Pediatrics and Pathology
Case Western Reserve University
Cleveland, OH 44106