[PAGID] XLA pt with acute myelogenous leukemia

Christine Seroogy, M.D. cmseroogy at pediatrics.wisc.edu
Wed Aug 18 12:34:13 EDT 2010

Dear Mel,

I took care of a patient with a similar story a number of years ago. This
was before BTK analysis was readily available. Cytogenetics revealed
monosomy 7 in his bone marrow. We looked for BTK at that time and it was
normal. The St. Jude group published a paper a number of years ago
describing monosomy 7 with low B cell numbers and hypogammaglobulinemia:

Hypogammaglobulinemia and reduced numbers of B-cells in children with
myelodysplastic syndrome.
Srivannaboon K, Conley ME, Coustan-Smith E, Wang WC.
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2001 Feb;23(2):122-5.
PMID: 11216704 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Related citations

Chris

Christine M. Seroogy MD, FAAP, FAAAAI
Associate Professor
University of Wisconsin
Department of Pediatrics
Division of Allergy, Immunology & Rheumatology
1111 Highland Avenue
4139 WIMR
Madison, WI 53705-2275
phone: 608-263-2652
fax: 608-265-9721

Confidentiality Notice follows:
The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the
addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may
be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please delete all
electronic copies of this message (and the documents attached to it, if
any), destroy any hard copies you may have created and notify me immediately
by replying to this email. Thank you.