[CIS-PAGID] ALPS Patient Question

Church, Joseph JChurch at chla.usc.edu
Tue Mar 8 11:30:17 EST 2011

Colleagues:

A 16yo boy with Fas mutation-confirmed ALPS developed prolonged
thrombocytopenia following his "flu" shot last year.

He is due to receive Tdap in the near future, and I am concerned about
re-activating his platelet problem.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Should I give steroids at the time of
Tdap? Other thoughts?

Thanks.

Joe Church

Children's Hospital Los Angeles

or legally privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure
or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this original message.