[CIS-PAGID] psoriasis in patients on SQ gammaglobulin

Jason Raasch, MD raas0027 at umn.edu
Sat Apr 2 10:44:09 EDT 2011

Interesting. I have a gentleman with CVID and psoriasis which was in remission. He has flared recently and been difficult to control without steroids.

Now that you mention it, his flare coincides with transitioning to Hizentra.

Some literature out there regarding increased expression of proline hydorxylase in psoriatic skin. Also increased hydroxyproline urinary excretion associted with psoriasis skin flares.

Could the extra proline be fueling the fire?

Jason Raasch, MD
Midwest Immunology Clinic