[CIS-PAGID] Heart Tranplant in CVID

Riedl, Marc MRiedl at mednet.ucla.edu
Wed Apr 27 14:36:15 EDT 2011

We have had a few CVID patients who have undergone solid organ transplants, including 1 heart. In my limited experience, they have not had any unusual complications specifically attributable to CVI, though clearly there is infectious concern given the necessary immunosuppressive regimens. I agree this is not an absolute contraindication, though it's sometimes challenging to convince the transplant team and may affect the listing priority.

Best,

Marc

Marc Riedl, M.D., M.S.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Section Head, Clinical Immunology and Allergy
UCLA - David Geffen School of Medicine
10833 Le Conte Ave, 37-131 CHS
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1680
Tel 310.206.4345 Fax 310.267.0090