[CIS-PAGID] Heart Tranplant in CVID

Richard Wasserman drrichwasserman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:50:02 EDT 2011

I had an adult XLA patient who received a liver transplant about 20 years
ago for hepatitis C and chronic liver failure. It was difficult to convince
the transplant group to do him. Because of the pre-existing use of IgG
replacement it obviated the discussion of IgG therapy post-transplant and my
patient did very well for more than 15 years post-transplant until he
developed chronic rejection. He did have a fungal brain abscess but I think
that was immunosuppression for the transplant and not his pre-existing PID.
I suspect that your patient has few options.
Richard Wasserman
Dallas

--
Richard L. Wasserman, MD, PhD