[CIS-PAGID] Pulmonary granuloma & CVID: Treament

Charlotte Cunningham-Rundles@mssm.edu charlotte.cunningham-rundles at mssm.edu
Wed May 25 09:06:22 EDT 2011

This is not simple and I am not sure there is any good way to get this
resolved. It is probably like other granulomatous diseases, only controlled.
The CT will never clear up anyway. In my view, in the lungs, it does spell
more trouble, as Jack says, because of the scarring and inflammation. But as
it can¹t be eliminated, I¹d use chronic low dose steroids and placquenil (
200 am and pm) if the DLCO and lung functions are ok and stable, then move
into anything else if they are not. We also use a macrolide in all cases
for the anti-inflam and maybe antimicrobial effects, and also inhaled
budesonide. We have used remicade with no benefit, but I admit that it was
late in the day and maybe not useful because of that.

If you get a new idea or something is helpful, let everyone know!

Charlotte