[CIS-PAGID] question about TLR defects

raas0027 at umn.edu raas0027 at umn.edu
Mon Jun 6 12:47:21 EDT 2011

Good morning all,

Two year-old with 20-month history of recurrent otitis media and
bronchitis/pneumonia historically treated as an outpatient.

Basic immunologic evaluation unremarkable(cbc, Ig's, flow cytometry,
complement, MBL, etc.)

I suspect GERD and emerging atopy significant contributing factors.

Currently ospitalized with pneumonia with pleural effusion.

This patient becomes febrile and CRP is quite elevated in the present case.
FOR THIS REASON I DOUBT A TLR DEFECT is on the differential diagnosis.

Agree or disagree?

Thanks for your thoughts.

-Jason

--