[CIS-PAGID] post transplant BK infection

Richard Wasserman drrichwasserman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 13:16:53 EDT 2011

The patient is currently receiving cidofovir and has a cystotomy. She has
been transfused. I don't know about plasma BK PCR. Other than knowing more
virus is bad how does one interpret the difference between 1000, 10,000,
100,000 and 1,000,000 virons? Is there data that plasma viral load is more
prognostic than urinary load?
Richard

--
Richard L. Wasserman, MD, PhD