[CIS-PAGID] CVID + LIP

Terri Tarrant tarra002 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 07:16:47 EDT 2011

Yes, we have 3 cases that responded well (2 with CVID and 1 idiopathic
LIP). We used the Eisenberg protocol of 1 g IV day 0 and day 14 with 100 mg
IV solumedrol pre-med. We did not use in combination with other drugs. We
did not see an increase in infections. All patients needed redosing at 9-12
month intervals.

Terri Tarrant

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 10:07 PM, Church, Joseph <JChurch at chla.usc.edu>wrote:

> Colleagues:****

> ** **

> A 60yo female with long term CVID has had lymphoid interstitial pneumonitis

> that was biopsy documented in 2005.****

> ** **

> She had developed worsening of symptoms over the past 6 months.****

> ** **

> She is trying to avoid increasing her prednisone, currently at 10mg/d,

> because of coronary artery disease and hypertension; she could not tolerate

> CellCept.****

> ** **

> Has anyone tried Rituximab in this setting?****

> ** **

> Joe Church, MD****

> Children’s Hospital Los Angeles****

> ** **

> ** **

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments,

> confidential

> or legally privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure

> or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,

> please

> contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this original

> message.

Terri Tarrant, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Thurston Arthritis Research Center