[CIS-PAGID] Hypogam following Fontan

Daniel H. Conway dhconway at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 1 11:08:43 EST 2011

I have followed a number of these individuals.

1. They tend to have T cell lymphopenia and low RA numbers. I am unclear as to the ultimate significance or cause for this. This may make sense since all have had operative thymectomies.
2. I have "followed" them mainly. Some individuals clearly had invasive bacterial infections on occasion. On replacement with IgG, I found the kinetics of the IgG to be incredibly short with half-lives more than once less than 24 hours. I have chosen to replace only with the incidence of severe bacterial infections and then only until recovery commences.
3. Sometimes this has presented with a profound protein-losing enteropathy, sometimes not.

Sincerely,
Daniel H. Conway, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children