[CIS-PAGID] Lymph Node Biopsy

Cunningham-Rundles, Charlotte charlotte.cunningham-rundles at mssm.edu
Wed Feb 22 12:17:43 EST 2012

Hi Jason,

We order:

Aside from routine pathology, immunopathology and flow to include

For T cells: CD3, CD4 and CD8
For B cells: CD19 or CD20 and Kappa, Lambda,
CD5, CD10 and other markers for leukemia lymphoma
NK CD56 or other
Plasma cells: CD38, 138

We save for FROZEN TISSUE as well. Tell them to not put all
the tissue into formalin in the OR/ Put some in wet gauze.

I am becoming really negative on fine needle bx of nodes in PID. Seems like
they always have to be removed as the path is not clear. So I am pretty much
done with this.

Charlotte Cunningham-Rundles, MD, PhD
Departments of Medicine and Pediatrics
The David S Gottesman Professor