[CIS-PAGID] WHIM BMT experience

Torgerson, Troy troy.torgerson at seattlechildrens.org
Thu Apr 12 13:52:46 EDT 2012

I wanted to query the group about experience transplanting patients with WHIM syndrome as there is scant literature on the subject. We have an unfortunate 3 y/o F recently diagnosed who was abused as an infant and has huge condolomas that have been excised on a few occasions. She has been treated with topical imiquimod and we are considering intra-lesional cidofivir although this has not yet been done. CD8 counts are about 50, she is intermittently neutropenic, but is not hypogamm at present. At least 3 male relatives have died of "urologic", penile, squamous cell carcinomas in their early 40's - 50's so we are concerned that her long-term prognosis is poor given the age at which she acquired HPV so we are considering transplant but would appreciate hearing of other experience.

Thanks,
Troy

Troy R. Torgerson, MD PhD

Assistant Professor, Pediatric Immunology/Rheumatology
University of Washington, Department of Pediatrics

Director, Immunology Diagnostic Laboratory
Center for Immunity and Immunotherapies
Seattle Children's Research Institute
1900 9th Ave., C9S-7
Seattle, WA 98101-1305