[CIS-PAGID] Peripheral neuropathy in CVID

Howard Lederman hlederm1 at jhmi.edu
Wed Apr 18 15:31:44 EDT 2012

I have an adult CVID patient who has developed an idiopathic peripheral neuropathy while on Hizentra. My first reaction was to think that this was merely a coincidence and not cause and effect. However, yesterday I received a call about an out-of-town patient who had CVID, had recently been switched from IVIG to Hizentra and then developed parasthesias.

Do any of you have patients with similar histories?

Howard

Howard M. Lederman, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Pediatrics, Medicine and Pathology Division of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology Johns Hopkins Hospital - CMSC 1102 600 N. Wolfe Street Baltimore, MD 21287-3923
Phone: 410-955-5883
Fax: 410-955-0229
Email: Hlederm1 at jhmi.edu<mailto:Hlederm1 at jhmi.edu>

WARNING: E-mail sent over the Internet is not secure.
Information sent by e-mail may not remain confidential.

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is intended only for the individual to whom it is addressed. It may be used only in accordance with applicable laws. If you received this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender and destroy the e-mail.