[CIS-PAGID] Peripheral neuropathy in CVID

Berger, Melvin Melvin.Berger at UHhospitals.org
Thu Apr 19 10:48:06 EDT 2012

Presumably, the paraesthesias are not directly related to the infusion site- ie at the site itself, or inadvertent administration into the sheath of a superficial long nerve ??

I have not personally heard of this. It should be breported via a medwatch to the FDA and to CSL-Behring pharmacolvigilance. They will be able to systematically review the Company's database for similar occurences.

Melvin Berger, M.D., Ph.D.
Adjunct Professor of Pediatrics and Pathology
Case Western Reserve University
Cleveland, OH 44106

________________________________

From: pagid-bounces at list.clinimmsoc.org on behalf of Howard Lederman
Sent: Wed 4/18/2012 3:31 PM
To: pagid at list.clinimmsoc.org
Subject: [CIS-PAGID] Peripheral neuropathy in CVID

I have an adult CVID patient who has developed an idiopathic peripheral neuropathy while on Hizentra. My first reaction was to think that this was merely a coincidence and not cause and effect. However, yesterday I received a call about an out-of-town patient who had CVID, had recently been switched from IVIG to Hizentra and then developed parasthesias.

Do any of you have patients with similar histories?

Howard

Howard M. Lederman, M.D., Ph.D.

Professor of Pediatrics, Medicine and Pathology Division of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology Johns Hopkins Hospital - CMSC 1102 600 N. Wolfe Street Baltimore, MD 21287-3923

Phone: 410-955-5883

Fax: 410-955-0229

Email: Hlederm1 at jhmi.edu

WARNING: E-mail sent over the Internet is not secure.

Information sent by e-mail may not remain confidential.

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is intended only for the individual to whom it is addressed. It may be used only in accordance with applicable laws. If you received this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender and destroy the e-mail.

Visit us at www.UHhospitals.org.

The enclosed information is STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL and is intended for the
use of the addressee only. University Hospitals and its affiliates disclaim
any responsibility for unauthorized disclosure of this information to anyone
other than the addressee.

Federal and Ohio law protect patient medical information, including
psychiatric_disorders, (H.I.V) test results, A.I.Ds-related conditions,
alcohol, and/or drug_dependence or abuse disclosed in this email. Federal
regulation (42 CFR Part 2) and Ohio Revised Code section 5122.31 and
3701.243 prohibit disclosure of this information without the specific
written consent of the person to whom it pertains, or as otherwise permitted
by law.