[CIS-PAGID] CVID Risk for children

Conley, Mary Ellen mconley at uthsc.edu
Mon May 7 10:11:28 EDT 2012

I use the same figure as Bodo - 10% but I come at it from a slightly different perspective. Like Bodo, I consider the percentage of patients with CVID who have affected family members. But some of that 10% is not really CVID - it may be IgA deficiency or abnormal serum immunoglobulins that are detected because of family studies rather than repeated or unusual infections. It may be autoimmune disease. I also have a gut feeling, but no data, that with the sickest patients, the risk may be a little higher.

Mary Ellen Conley, MD
West Research Tower
LeBonheur Children's Hospital
50 N. Dunlap St.