[CIS-PAGID] disability for adults with immune deficiency

Richard Wasserman drrichwasserman at gmail.com
Wed May 16 19:45:49 EDT 2012

In 30 years I can only think of one patient for whom I supported disability
and the major reason that I did was that disability got him coverage for
his IgG therapy. He had CVID that presented as ITP and several other
autoimmune disorders that interfered with his life much more than
infection. There are some "chronically ill" sinusitis patients with
antibody deficiency and limited objective findings other than poor vaccine
response who consider themselves disabled. I have not gone down that road.
Richard Wasserman
Dallas

--
Richard L. Wasserman, MD, PhD