[CIS-PAGID] Autoimmune neutropenia and CVID - need advice

Hsu, Florence ida.hsu at yale.edu
Sun May 20 14:17:35 EDT 2012

Good question — I suppose it's the combination of ANC 0, apparent lack of response to G-CSF when tried at an outside hospital in the setting of an infection, and the fact that she is having some infections — certainly more than before, and she recently had some oral mucositis. Now on top of it all, her total IgG and IgM are "normal", so it'll be even harder to convince her she needs IV or SCIG.
How often have people seen IgG and IgM levels normalize in a case like this? I am assuming it's the stress of her neutropenia and possibly infections driving a polyclonal humoral response.

Ida