[CIS-PAGID] Autoimmune neutropenia and CVID - need advice

Richard Wasserman drrichwasserman at gmail.com
Sun May 20 19:18:37 EDT 2012

I would worry about lymphoma or other clonal proliferation. Monoclonal
immunoglobulin production would be very unusual in the age group but I
guess anything is possible. (There could be an IgM/IgG producing clone) I'd
look at an immunoelectrophoresis and a PET scan. I'd also consider a more
extended study of her lymphocytes. I would not treat her with steroids, I
agree that you'd just be buying more trouble.

With regard to convincing her of the seriousness of her condition, perhaps
sending her for a second opinion to another major center (New York, Boston)
might be helpful.
Good luck,
Richard Wasserman

--