[CIS PIDD] Making Diagnosis of LAD -leukocyte adhesion defect- 1

Ochs, Hans hans.ochs at seattlechildrens.org
Wed Jul 11 16:28:12 EDT 2012

Hi, Oner
If this was indeed an abscess, e.g. a collection of pus, a diagnosis of LAD is not likely
hans

Hans D. Ochs, MD, Dr. med
Professor of Pediatrics | Jeffrey Modell Chair of Pediatric Immunology Research
Center for Immunity and Immunotherapies
Seattle Children's Research Institute | University of Washington

206-987-7450 OFFICE
206-987-7310 FAX
allgau at u.washington.edu<mailto:allgau at u.washington.edu>, hans.ochs at seattlechildrens.org<mailto:hans.ochs at seattlechildrens.org>

OFFICE 1900 Ninth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101
MAIL M/S C9S-7
WWW seattlechildrens.org<http://seattlechildrens.org/>

Assistant:
Dawn Marie Pares
206-884-7418 OFFICE
dawnmarie.pares at seattlechildrens.org<mailto:dawnmarie.pares at seattlechildrens.org>

Sterile means no growth in the culture. This could be due different reasons other than being sterile. We might not be able to culture the microorganism and / or antibiotic interference etc.

Thanks for your input.

Oner

If your patient had a "sterile abscess" (with pus), the diagnosis of LAD 1 is unlikely
hans

Hans D. Ochs, MD, Dr. med
Professor of Pediatrics | Jeffrey Modell Chair of Pediatric Immunology Research
Center for Immunity and Immunotherapies
Seattle Children's Research Institute | University of Washington

206-987-7450<tel:206-987-7450> OFFICE
206-987-7310<tel:206-987-7310> FAX
allgau at u.washington.edu<mailto:allgau at u.washington.edu>, hans.ochs at seattlechildrens.org<mailto:hans.ochs at seattlechildrens.org>

OFFICE 1900 Ninth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101
MAIL M/S C9S-7
WWW seattlechildrens.org<http://seattlechildrens.org/>

Assistant:
Dawn Marie Pares