[CIS PIDD] Eczema turns into lymphoma at age 17.

Saul Oswaldo Lugo Reyes dr.lugo.reyes at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 12:37:43 EDT 2012

Dear friends,

Thanks a lot for your insight and suggestions.

Dr Dewton de Moraes:

I did consider DOCK8 in the Ddx, although it would be a long shot
considering age at onset, no other isolates or sites of infection, and
no eosinophilia or high IgE.

Dr Holland:

It is indeed odd. I can't explain, for instance, why he would
have complex partial seizures and transient left hemiparesia.

HTLV1: great call, thank you for pointing that out. It causes
erythrodermia, which is how this patient first presented, and also
cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. It hasn't been ruled out. I haven't been
able to learn who in Mexico detects HTLV, but I sure would like to do
it.

About the lab findings, I checked and he started chemo by the end
of April. The flow cytometry reporting "No CD19" is from april 24th,
and he never received rituximab, so I would think that one is
reliable. Still, I would like to confirm those as soon as possible.

And yes, I'd love to send you some gDNA if you're so kind as to
help us with the sequencing of GATA2. I also have one from a
24-year-old male with disseminated mollusca and low B and NK cells. I
can send you both now.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Saul Lugo Reyes.