[CIS PIDD] Hyper IgE in 3 yo

Elif Dokmeci edokmeci at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 14:55:28 EDT 2012

I thought DOCK8 more likely than STAT3, due to lack of newborn rash, lack
of high arched palate, presence of severe food and environmental allergies
and cutanous viral infections( he also had severe varicella infection the
past besides HSV1 now), lack of skeletal findings. I agree that STAT3 also
needs to be studied. His IgE level 7800 range and eosinoplhils count of
1200.
Flow didnt show low CD4 T cells, LMP is still pending. NIH score was in
gray zone for this patient. He has MSSA bacteremia and diffuse HSV1 + skin
infection now, and responds to iv therapy well.
There are cases from Mexico, Turkey, Iran with normal CD4 counts and IgM
levels, which makes diagnosis more difficult for DOCK8. This patient is
Mexican and Navajo Native American in origin.

Thanks
Elif

--
Elif Dokmeci, MD