[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] symptomatic C3Nef in otherwise healthy child

Mel.Berger at cslbehring.com Mel.Berger at cslbehring.com
Fri Oct 19 10:23:48 EDT 2012

Can you determine in vitro if IVIG inhibits the activity of her nephritic factor (consumption of C3 in normal serum added to hers). If so, you will have a treatment which helps with the pathogenesis and helps to prevernt infection. If not, you could try suppressing the NeF production with Rituxin. I have no personal clinical experience in this situation- just theoretical suggestions.

Mel Berger