[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] High-dose influenza vaccine for PID patients?

Hsu, Florence ida.hsu at yale.edu
Fri Nov 9 10:27:04 EST 2012

The HD version we have (Fluzone) is 4-fold more concentrated, not 10. The patients that are requesting it do not appear to have concerns re: flu-like symptoms after an inactivated vaccine; they are more concerned about mounting adequate immunity against the "real thing". I have given it to 3 CVID patients so far, and two of these had actually received the high-dose vaccine last year (I am not sure why, since they are <65yo and hadn't been diagnosed with CVID yet), without adverse effect.

Does anybody else have any thoughts on this?

Thank you, Ida