[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] MYD88

Verbsky, James jverbsky at mcw.edu
Tue Apr 30 16:04:15 EDT 2013

Howard and Troy

We do a simple LPS stim and measure TNF in monocytes at our CLIA lab at MCW. It does pick up IRAK deficiency (or maybe MyD88..still waiting on genetics but good story for IRAK). We tested the same sample with several TLRs and most were absent.. it was pretty clear. The utility of the other TLRs is questionable, (at least in my opinion). The TLR3 defects described in HSV encephalitis were not seen in PBMCs and needed fibroblasts...so I look to this TLR screen as a IRAK/MyD88/NEMO screen only. Most labs that do this should pick this up.

LEt me know if you need more info

James Verbsky MD/PhD
Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
Medical College of Wisconsin
Milwaukee, WI 53226