[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] SubQ first dose

Riedl, Marc MRiedl at mednet.ucla.edu
Thu May 23 15:49:15 EDT 2013

IV: first dose always supervised in the infusion center. SQ: comfortable
with patients starting at home with nursing education/supervision.

Marc Riedl, M.D., M.S.
Associate Professor of Medicine
Section Head, Clinical Immunology and Allergy
UCLA - David Geffen School of Medicine
10833 Le Conte Ave, 37-131 CHS
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1680
Tel 310.206.4345 Fax 310.267.0090

On 5/23/13 12:14 PM, "Sullivan, Kathleen" <sullivak at mail.med.upenn.edu>
wrote:

>Question to allŠ

>It has been our tradition to always give a first dose of any new

>immunoglobulin product under medical supervision (i.e. not at home). I

>wonder how many people do that for subcutaneous products though. I think

>the risk of a reaction that needs medical attention is very low.

>What do all of you do?

>Kate

>Kate Sullivan, MD PhD

>Professor of Pediatrics

>ARC 1216 Immunology CHOP

>3615 Civic Center Blvd.

>Philadelphia, PA 19104

>(p) 215-590-1697

>(f) 267-426-0363

>---

>The CIS-PIDD listserv is supported by the Clinical Immunology Society

>The science & practice of human immunology

>P: +1.414.224.8095

>E: info at clinimmsoc.org

>Not a member of CIS? Please visit www.clinimmsoc.org to join!

>You are currently subscribed to cis-pidd as: mriedl at mednet.ucla.edu.

>To unsubscribe click here:

>http://lm.clinimmsoc.org/u?id=183824731.9896b573560aeeae864c3bfac00aa474&n

>=T&l=cis-pidd&o=43387357

>or send a blank email to

>leave-43387357-183824731.9896b573560aeeae864c3bfac00aa474 at lists.clinimmsoc

>.org

IMPORTANT WARNING: This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner. Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your computer.

E: info at clinimmsoc.org