[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] cis-pidd digest: September 05, 2013

Puck, Jennifer PuckJ at peds.ucsf.edu
Fri Sep 6 23:59:57 EDT 2013

Dear Richard,
I agree we would evaluate for 22q deletion, which I do these days with a
copy number array that at my med center is quicker, cheaper and much more
informative than FISH since it reveals insertions and deletions throughout
the entire genome. Clinical findings can be subtle to nil, but the
implications for further management are huge.
I imagine by now that there would be naïve T cells, given their increasing
numbers, but would still get naïve/memory markers.
In CA we do not give these babies rotavirus vaccine. We would re-examine
them and monitor their specific antibody responses after the primary
series of 3 killed vaccines (at around 7 months), also re-checking
lymphocyte subsets at that time. When T cells exceed 1500 and all else is
well, we don't follow further.
Jennifer
--
Jennifer Puck, MD