[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Liver Transplant in patient with Common Variable Immunodeficiency

Richard Wasserman drrichwasserman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 09:45:19 EDT 2013

John,

In the late 80's I picked up an XLA in his late 30's with liver failure due
to hepatitis C. There was considerable discussion with the transplant
committee about transplanting someone with immunodeficiency. He was
transplanted and did rather well. Over the 15 years before he died of
chronic rejection, he experienced and recovered from aspergillus brain
abscess and a replapse of Echo 11 encephalitis. He worked full time as an
engineer and traveled the world, saw his children grow up and graduate from
college. Not a terrible outcome. Not strictly comparable to CVID because he
didn't have the same problems with dysregulation that your patient has had.
Richard

--
Richard L. Wasserman, MD, PhD
DallasAllergyImmunology