[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] challenging patient for IVIG/SCIG

Perez, Elena e.perez13 at med.miami.edu
Tue Nov 5 20:22:00 EST 2013

Thanks colleagues for your replies...

The IgG is for replacement in her case.

She has apparently tolerated hizentra SC for "a while" but then also eventually developed reactions.

Per mom, it seemed that the reactions would worsen gradually after some time on different individual products. Per mom, these reactions have happened at the beginning of infusions. Premeds have been adjusted and also given during infusions but "nothing seems to help"...

Per mom & patient, anxiety does not seem to be a factor.

I'm pretty sure that gammagard low IgA was already tried, but will confirm with her previous immunologist, and perhaps try to revisit this.

Maybe another subcutaneous product would work.

I haven't seen someone react to every single Ig product tried before including subcutaneous.

I'm going by history here, as I haven't yet managed this patient's replacement therapy...

Will keep you all posted, and curious about other's experiences/approach.