[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Protein losing enteropathy

Santhosh Kumar/FS/VCU skumar at vcu.edu
Wed Jul 23 16:58:28 EDT 2014

Hello,
I would appreciate any input regarding this case. I tried to search the
literature but  there is not much on this topic.
I am seeing a 4 y/o child in consultation with GI who has protein losing
enteropathy which they are trying to figure out the cause. He has had an
endoscopy and colonoscopy which are normal. His immunoglobulins are
trending down and most recent one is IgG 164, IgM 24, IgA 73. His
lymphocyte enumeration is normal. His vaccine titers were low to start
with but have responded well to vaccination challenge. He has no hx of
recurrent infections. I was wondering if there is any reason to treat him
with IVIG. The IgG level makes me little nervous but given his vaccine
titers are protective i am willing to observe.

Thank you,

Santhosh Kumar, MD
Assistant Professor,
Training Program Director