[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] STAT1 GOF treatment options

Richard Wasserman drrichwasserman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 15:53:33 EDT 2014

I have had success with aphthous ulcers in several settings using a topical
application, Debacterol. It is easier and less uncomfortable than silver
nitrate sticks. I recommend twice daily hydrogen peroxide, 120ml to swish
and spit. OTC hydrogen peroxide 3% is mixed 1:1 tepid water.

After the last string on oral ulcers I received the following
recommendation form a list-serve member who didn't post. I have no
experience with this product.

It’s called Rincinol by Sunstar.  Ingredients: sodium hyaluronate,
polyvinylpyrrolidone, and aloe vera extract in a flavored  PEG base.
Patient swishes 10ml around the mouth x1 min and spits.  It soothes,
hastens healing, doesn’t sting, tastes a little better than peroxide, and
provides a thin barrier that prevents irritation from food and liquids.
Can be used prn.
http://www.gumbrand.com/oral-pain-relief/gum-rincinol-mouth-rinse-1770r.html

I don't believe there is a solution to this problem, just ways of helping
the patient feel more comfortable.

Richard Wasserman
Dallas

--