[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] HSCT experience in prolidase deficiency?

Freeman, Alexandra (NIH/NIAID) [E] freemaal at mail.nih.gov
Sun Jan 25 22:07:54 EST 2015

Hi, I am interested in hearing the responses too. I follow one patient with prolidase deficiency who is in her late 20s and does reasonably well with the exception of poor wound healing in her legs-some liver dysfunction, spleen removed due to thrombocytopenia, mild pulmonary HTN-but on the prolidase deficiency spectrum, more mild.  But I followed very briefly an Amish boy with a severe course who died in childhood. His cousin had been transplanted-is this the one you are referring to? Last I heard, this one was doing ok-didn't correct everything, but was alive at a significantly older age than his cousins with this. If this isn't the one you have heard of, I can try and track down more information for you.
I have a collaborator at NIH who has been doing some research on this disease, although we have limited specimens as only the one living patient.  But happy to email more involving that person to brainstorm ideas as there are a few I have considered.  Otherwise, I have focused mainly on wound care and more symptomatic therapy, but would love to have some more definitive treatments.
Would love to hear more about your patient too-It is hard managing such a rare complicated disease as my experience is limited with my current cohort of one!
Thanks, Alexandra

Alexandra Freeman MD
Staff Clinician
LCID/NIAID/NIH