[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] live vaccines in Digeorge population

Elisabeth Förster-Waldl elisabeth.foerster-waldl at meduniwien.ac.at
Fri Apr 24 05:41:59 EDT 2015

… answer from my side, considering the info you sent, is the same than from others: yes.
And furthermore, I have a question which answer might help decision making: did the child have rotavirus vaccine? and was it well tolerated?
We recently observed a Di George syndrome patient who had not been evaluated for ID before rotavirus vaccination and developed prolonged diarrhea after having received the oral live vaccine.
In the meanwhile we know that this patient is severe lymphopenic, thus, we got an explanation for the vaccine related side effect, and thus, his features are different from the patient you describe.
Still, you might feel to be even more ‘on the safe side’ if you know that he already has tolerated an attenuated live vaccine.

kind regards
Elisabeth Förster-Waldl

a.o. Univ. Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Förster-Waldl
Medical University of Vienna
Dept. of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine
Center for Congenital Immunodeficiencies, http://ccid.meduniwien.ac.at
& Jeffrey Modell Center Vienna, http://www.jmf-vienna.at
Währinger Gürtel 18-20
A-1090 Wien