[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] lung transplant in CVID patients with GLID?

Anna Sediva anna at sediva.eu
Fri Jul 17 02:08:00 EDT 2015

Dear Charlotte,

yes, I agree, we also had one CVID patient with lung transplant, I believe
we have already shared some data. I paste here a short history provided by
my colleague. Our patient died 24 months after Tx.
We would be happy to share our patient (unfortunatelly our records on the
critical period after transplantation show some gaps as we do not have full
access to data from transplantologists).

Regards

Anna Sediva

Our patient with Common Variable Immunodeficiency underwent lung
transplantation 20 years after diagnosis of CVID. Since his childhood he
suffered from recurent upper respiratory (incl. sinusitis, tonsilitis,
otitis media) and lower respiratory tract infections (incl. bronchitis)
complicated by bronchiectasis and chronic obstructive bronchopulmonary
disease. Because of severe progression he underwent bilateral lung
transplant in 12/2004. Post- transplant period with necessary combined
immunosupression (tacrolimus, mycophenolat mophetil, prednison),
antibacterial (cotrimoxasol) and antifungal prophylaxis (fluconazol) was
without serious complications and with very satisfying quality of life till
9/2006. Since that he suffered from recurrent lower respiratory tract
infections, which led to failure of donor lungs. Our patient died 12/2006,
24 months after transplant.

--
Prof. Anna Sediva, M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Immunology