[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] lung transplant in CVID patients with GLID?

Bodo Grimbacher bodo.grimbacher at uniklinik-freiburg.de
Sat Jul 25 11:09:05 EDT 2015

Dear Elena,

I am aware of a few cases. I do not think there is a single publication
though.
Outcome is very limited (<5 yrs survival). Our patient survived for one
year, but with a very good QoL.
If I may recommend, please consider to perform a BMT prior to the LungTX.

However, how thoroughly have you excluded e.g. CMV pneumonitis, myclopasma
infection of the lungs?
Have you tried T cell targeted therapies such as sirolimus/cyclosporin/MMF
or CTLA4-Fc, which have been
reported helpful in CVID-associated GLILD?
Also: what was the maximum Korticosteroid does you have used for how long?
If your patient did not respond to 1 mg/kgBW given for 6 months, then I
would follow your statement of non-responding.
Another thought: has one thought of a high-dose IVIG treatment for immune
modulation?

Yours, Bodo
Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. B. Grimbacher
Scientific-Director