[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Enterovirus infection in WAS

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Thu Sep 17 16:50:18 EDT 2015

We know from the experience with Echovirus years ago that in XLA patients
you can even make the PCR negative with high dose IgG ( J. Inf. Dis.
161:787-791 )   but the virus is not eradicated. In the patient published
here, when the IgG level fell after years of no symptoms and negative Echo
11 PCR, he became symptomatic and Echo 11 positive again. I suggest high
dose IgG until the PCR is negative and continue at that dose until he is
reconstituted.

Richard Wasserman
Dallas

--