[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] G6PC3

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Sun Oct 4 19:42:00 EDT 2015

Hi Maite,

Can I ask...  does a hemizygous mutation in G6PC3 explain this or is
there some other underlying diagnosis here?   We follow a lot of chronic
neutropenia patients and we do not have any on prophylactic antibiotics
(even some of our bad ELANE patients).  What kind of venous
malformations are present?

Dave

David Buchbinder, MD
CHOC Children's Hospital

>>> "CIS-PIDD" <cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org> 10/04/15 12:14 PM >>>
  Dear all
 Would appreciate comments from those who follow patients with G6PC3 in
reference to use of prophylactic antibiotics and long term outcomes of
venous malformations

 I recently started seeing a girl who has a novel hemizygous mutation (
c.911dupC;pQ305fs) in G6PC3

 She had a hx of recurrent OM and skin abscesses. Neutropenia was only
noted during an admission for Strep Pneumo sepsis, necrotizing
pneumonia, respiratory failure necessitating ECMO resulting in a 5 mo
hospital admission. Note her  admission  CBC was not neutropenic.
Neutropenia was noted as she got better.  She is extremely small and has
the venous malformations described in literature

 Immune studies now only significant for nonprotective titers to HIB and
4/14 protective pneumococcal serotypes (don’t know serotype that caused
the invasive disease). I gave her HIB and Prevnar13 and she has
excellent protective titers  now ( HIB>200mcg/ml and Pneumococcal 13/14
serotypes, most >15mcg/ml)

 She is not neutropenic on G-CSF. Literature suggest these children
respond nicely to G-CSF. She is only 4 years and has mild bronchiectasis
in the right middle lobe and inferior aspect of the right upper lobe
along with small cystic changes  in both lower lobes.

 Thank you
 Maite

 Maite de la Morena, MD
 Professor of Pediatrics and Internal Medicine
 Division of Allergy and Immunology

      UT  Southwestern
     Medical Center
        The future of medicine, today.
      ---
  You are currently subscribed to cis-pidd as: dbuchbinder at choc.org.
  To unsubscribe click here:
http://cts.dundee.net/u?id=96396481.905e75689f86143242a7fcc04e69bfcb&n=T&l=cis-pidd&o=3180757
  (It may be necessary to cut and paste the above URL if the line is
broken)
  or send a blank email to
leave-3180757-96396481.905e75689f86143242a7fcc04e69bfcb at lyris.dundee.net

CHOCLX-MGSM made the following annotations
Sun Oct 04 2015 16:42:05

This email message and any files transmitted are sent with confidentiality in mind and contain privileged or copyright information. You must not present this message to another party without gaining permission from the sender.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or use this email or the information contained in it for any purpose other than to notify Children's Hospital of Orange County.  Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Children's Hospital of Orange County. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete this email from your system. We do not guarantee that this material is free from viruses or any other defects although due care has been taken to minimize the risk.