[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] T cell lymphopenia/cryptococcal meningitis

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Mon Oct 5 21:28:09 EDT 2015

Posting on behalf of Larry Borish <lb4m at virginia.edu>:

52 previously completely healthy M.  Presents to hospital with cryptococcus meningitis.  CD4’s are 0.  No big surprise there.  But CD8s are also 0.  CD3s are 0.  CD19/CD20 and IG’s all normal.  NKs slightly low.  Chest CT is not remarkable.  No thymoma and no lymphadenopathy.  His bone marrow normal, except for absence of CD3, CD4, and CD8 cells.  But nothing to suggest lymphoma.

I suspect autoimmune but can’t get my laboratory to do indirect IF.  Does anyone have any other ideas or know of a lab who can screen for autoantibodies?

Larry Borish, M.D.
Professor of Medicine
Asthma and Allergic Disease Center
University of Virginia