[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Lung transplantation in CVID

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Wed Mar 2 09:57:42 EST 2016

I encountered a similar problem about 25 years ago when I proposed a 35 yo
XLA with severe hepatitis C (at the time nonA nonB) for liver transplant. I
made the argument that IG replacement made him a better candidate because
his infection risk would be decreased compared to other immunosuppressed
transplant recipients who were not receiving IG. He was accepted,
transplanted and lived more than 15 years post-transplant with an excellent
quality of life for most of that time. If the patient does not have
significant comorbidities other than GLILD, I think you could make a
similar argument.
Richard Wasserman
Dallas

--